Monday, August 23, 2010

Zucchini Casserole



A few weeks back in class, one of my fellow Culinarians made a Zucchini Casserole. When I say it was good, I was beyond shocked at how good it was. I have never been a fan of Zucchini, but after tasting that dish I was pleased, and made an up-beat personal version. 

Ingredients:
1 C Mayo
1 Carrot (Julienned )
1 Onion (diced)
3 Medium Zucchini (medium sliced)
1 C Cheddar cheese
1/2 C Mozzarella cheese
1/2 C Muenster cheese
1/3 C Parmesan cheese
1 Egg
1/4 cup buttermilk
1 Cup bread Crumbs
1 Tsp Salt
1 Tsp Pepper
1 Garlic Clove Minced

Directions:
Mix breadcrumbs and Parmesan separately, and set aside. Hand mix all other ingredients in a large bowl, and transfer to a greased baking dish. Sprinkle breadcrumb mixture over casserole, and bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes.


The final product is not only a delicious concoction of cheesy goodness, but all of the flavors of the vegetables equally shine though. The side can be pared with anything from fried chicken, to baby back ribs. It can also be served as a meal for those vegetable lovers.  

I will be posting more recipes for those that love to try new things, and if there are any suggestions, and or requests for recipes, feel free to let me know.










No comments:

Post a Comment